Saturday, June 13, 2009

Happy 4th Gotcha Day, Laura!

June 14, 2005...the day we finally held our precious Laura for the first time in Nanchang, JiangXi, China. What a blessing she is to our family in ways we never could have imagined. God knows exactly what He's doing, and His plan far exceeds our comprehension. It is through God's grace alone that Laura was able to join our family the way she did...and we delight in that grace every day. Here's a glimpse down memory lane...


Introducing Ling Guang Yi...handed to me by the orphanage director. I'll never forget waiting in the room with the other families, knowing our daughters were just down the hall...or hearing our guide announce "Ling Guang Yi"...or seeing her round the corner of the room...or the feeling of reaching out for her and holding her for the first time...she was so tiny and so quiet.

Getting a good look at my baby girl...


A thrilled and very doting big brother...and he still is to this day.

Our first family photo...

Oh, this photo is forever in my mind. I wish I knew what was going on in Laura's mind...she looks so scared on our bus ride back to the hotel.

Her first bottle with mommy...

First tickles from daddy...


and her first big smile later that night...

She still has the biggest smile, loves daddy's tickles, mommy's cuddles and her brothers' doting on her. What a princess!

6 comments:

Adeye said...

Congratulations---what a special day! What beautiful memories you have.

Kam said...

Congrats! What a blessing! Here's to more Gotcha Days very soon!

Kay Bratt said...

What a gift you and your husband received, and I am glad you acknowledge that. Happy Gotcha!

Sharon said...

Aaaaw, just beautiful! I wonder the same things when I look back through photos of when Khye and Jaxin joined our family - they are such brave little fellows!

amyhusted said...

I remember the first time I met Laura. She's such an angel.
Love you Laura.

Michelle said...

If that picture of Jamie, tickling Laura, doesn't make you fall in love with him every time you see it...I don't know what will!!!