I was so excited when I went to the mailbox Saturday...an unexpected surprise was waiting for Laura. I saw the return address on the envelope...and it wasn't just a normal letter envelope...it was a bubble envelope...meaning there was probably something more than just a letter. So, ripping it open on my way up the driveway, I saw the card...Welcoming Laura to Make-A-Wish...a wish of her very own.
If you're not familiar with Make-A-Wish foundation, you can read more about them here. In a nutshell...they provide one wish per lifetime for children who face serious and/or terminal illnesses. That wish may be to travel somewhere...meet someone famous...have something special...or be someone or something for a day. Kids can just wish away...and to help Laura get started with ideas, Make-A-Wish sent a short DVD introducing the program and the possibilities. We watched it as soon as she was up from her naptime.
I sure wish Laura could tell us what she really would love. But we have some ideas that we know would make her very happy...
4 comments:
Oh wow--that is amazing news. What a special treat. If you feel comfortable--please share what her special need is. No worries if you keep it private.
Hey, I just noticed that you adopted her from the same city as we adopted Hannah-Claire from. We got her at the civil affairs office in Nanchang, but she was actually from Shanggao.
How sweet. I hate that you have to even think about something like this. But it is so evident that our God makes no mistakes and that Laura was chosen to be your daughter. Precious~
I have goosebumps a second time. Yeah!!!!!!!
Hey friend--check my blog--I have a little surprise for you.
Post a Comment