Started at 9:30 AM, ended at 5:30 PM, and canned 43 quarts of tomatoes. We are officially ready for the chili and goulash season to begin! I happen to think canning tomatoes is fun. It's easy work, and though it takes all day, the end results are so worth it. The best part of canning tomatoes is waiting to hear each of the lids pop, knowing that's one more I don't have to reseal! Today, each time we heard a pop, Amarin and I both cheered. I don't think he really understood what the "pop" meant, just that it was a good thing!
2 comments:
I have never canned or jarred any type of fruit or vegetable. I would love to talk to you more about this through email. Now, did you grow those tomatoes? They are beautiful! I wish I had more of a green thumb. Unfortunately for our family it is either Del Monte or Dole who can our tomatoes. Any suggestions on how to start out slow? So fun that you get your kiddos involved too :)
LOVE this! Looks like a blast! And yep, we were talking about our 1st Fall chili just a while ago! I LOVE FALL!!! Way to go, mama!
Post a Comment