No, not our zoo at home...a nearby zoo! We had a homeschool field trip today. The weather was perfect, and the kids and I ended up with our own docent, Miss Karen, to take us around the zoo. We haven't been to the zoo since Jacob was about 2 years old. Not sure why...it's so much fun and we didn't even see half of the exhibits today. The kids like to hang out and look at everything, so it takes a long time to get through the exhibits...which I'd rather have than just rushing through to say "We finished!" Jacob also enjoyed talking about all the types of trees with our docent.
Highlights: amphibian house, meercats, prairie dogs, and the polar bear exhibit.
Jacob, the praire dog.
Amarin, the prairie dog.
Uh...Charlie the flattened prairie dog? No...just tired of walking.
On our way into the polar exhibit
Amarin thought it was very cool to sit in this cubby-hole and watch the seals swim right near him. One swam up without him noticing, and when he turned back to look, he screamed in surprise!
4 comments:
Looks like a really fun day!
Oh that is sooooo much fun! What a great day out. Gorgeous pics.
I was thinking about you all day, and wishing I had gone with! Maybe I should plan a "date" to the zoo with my hubby. Do you think he'd go with me? :-D
We love the zoo and it is so much fun. We should head out there one day next spring. Would have loved to see Amarin's reaction to the polar bear. It makes me laugh when I get scared of silly things.
Post a Comment