My thoughts from Dec. 13, 2018
I'm taking back the ambiguity of the word snowflake today, so don't bother me with any political replies. Like other words, time and culture have sadly changed its meaning. Today God reminded me of the beauty of the true snowflake.
By definition, a snowflake is one or more ice crystals that have reached sufficient size, complex in nature, perseveres through varying temperatures and humidity, are colorless yet appear pure white when reflecting light, and appear quite unique.
I was given this beautiful snowflake ornament by my Secret Sister this year (thank you, whoever you are!). As I gazed upon my Christmas tree this morning, I noticed this ornament sitting crooked, yet directly facing me. God whispered, "This is how I see you. Pure, no matter what you've done."
If you are a believing Christian, that's how God sees you, too. No matter what you've done or said wrong, no matter who you have hurt or who has hurt you, you are unique, sufficient, persevering, and pure as snow when you are reflecting God's light. It reminds me of the hymn, "Nothing But the Blood:"
Oh, precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow
No other fount I know
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment