I look at this box of movies and smile. The smile is the result of so many memories of watching these movies, over and over and over again, with my family.
Some of the movies date back to when I was a child. Back then, the only way my parents, brothers, and I watched them was to wait with anticipation for the Sunday newspaper, which would list all of the dates, times, and T.V. channels for the holiday specials...Charlie Brown, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph. We couldn't just pop the DVD in any time we wished! LOL...I think I'm sounding like an old person telling a "...back when I was young..." story!
Other movies, like The Nativity, Elf, White Christmas, and The Polar Express, have become favorites and traditions for our kids, Jamie, and me. Now we do have the option of watching them when we choose, which has made for some wonderful traditions.
As our movies play on the screen, I can't help but sit back and watch my family gathered together...warm, safe, healthy. What a gift. I truly treasure these times, knowing some day I won't have my kids at home. With Amarin already out of the house, it's even more real. But for now, I ponder the joy of these moments.

No comments:
Post a Comment