Tuesday, December 8, 2020

December 8th Treasure

 Tradition leads us to Christmas tree decorating the day after Thanksgiving.  The kids and I assemble it.  Except Charlie.  He can't stand the feel of the pokey branches.  Then Jamie, now with Charlie's help, adds the lights, and then...

ORNAMENTS!

This is my favorite part because each year, we share the same stories behind certain ornaments.  I'm sure I heard a few groans this year as I shared my stories, but I know they're listening!  I also hear them sharing stories.  It's one of those hand-me-down traditions that I hope they keep.

Here are a few of my favorite ornaments.

One of my favorite childhood ornaments that always hung on the tree.

The infamous ornament I partially broke while dancing around the living room...
after being told to-not-to...

My brothers and I each had our own angel.

A birthday party favor from my elementary school friend, Melissa.

This ornament always reminds me of the little chapel located on the road leading to Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany. Jamie and I drove past this multiple times with visiting friends and family.

This poor bird was a chew toy for Laura one year.

Amarin's gingerbread man is made out of applesauce and cinnamon.  One year, Charlie thought he would taste its leg!  P.S. Charlie did not like the taste!

No comments: