There has always been a very special bond between Laura and Charlie. From the time Charlie came home (about 16 months after Laura), he has had a very strong impact on her. Right away, he motivated Laura to move more, gave her an incentive to crawl further and someone at her level to watch, he has always had the knack of making her laugh, and has ALWAYS been protective and nuturing. It was amazing to see how a child so young could comprehend the special needs of another child.
I remember when he was only 16 months old and we were on vacation in Hawaii...I can picture him sitting by the ocean feeding his snack to her since she couldn't feed herself. And ALWAYS...if he was given a drink, he made sure Laura got a drink of her own. He is still that way today.
Just yesterday I was using a stern voice toward Laura to inform her that she is not allowed to throw her food onto the floor...not yelling...just a firm voice. Charlie scowled at me and said, "MY sister." Yep...that's my Charlie...feisty and soooo loveable!
A bite for you...
...and a bite for me.
A picnic at our library during their outside story time. Laura boycotted self-feeding, so Charlie willingly obliged.
2 comments:
Love the sticker on the forehead! My kids would do that too! Cute.
AWESOME! I hope that the same attachment plays out when the brother from Thailand gets to come home. They are so precious! Love, Mickey
Post a Comment