I was sharing with Jamie this AM that I just felt burdened. I've heard some things over the past week that just weigh heavy on my heart...
5 very young siblings taken from their families and dropped off at a foster family with only the clothes on their backs.
An attempted suicide by someone we know.
A brain tumor taking the life of a little 7 month old nearby.
Friends waiting for medical test results.
More people losing jobs and not being able to make ends meet.
A young boy killed trying to break up a fight.
Families ridiculed for their multi-racial families.
Patriotic hymns changed to sing praises to our president. Newsflash...he's not the Messiah!
Honestly, what is this world coming to? Where are the people willing to step up to the plate and take responsibility for their children? When will people realize that racism is wrong...wrong in every sense. God made us ALL. He chose the very color of our skins. What gives someone the right to ridicule another because they look different? Maybe that person ought to take a good LONG hard look in the mirror. Where is the grace and forgiveness for others? Where are friends and families in time of need? When will Americans stop being so materialistic, and start putting their money where God tells us...to help others that are less fortunate. I read nowhere in the Bible where God says that he will shower blessings upon those who are dressed stylishly. When will people realize that gossip hurts...hurts the one gossiping, the one hearing it, the one being gossiped about.
I'll be the first to say that I have so many areas in which I need to pray about improving in my life and asking God's guidance so that I make the right decisions. What about you?
5 comments:
amen and amen! love your sweet heart, angie!
I hear you my friend. "Cast your burdens on the Lord and He will sustain you." :)
HUGS!!!
Oh my goodness---I am sooooo with you. What is the world coming to. PTL we cling to the ONLY ONE who knows!
I'm with you there girly. My heart has been heavy lately too. However, I posted something to that sort on Facebook and I received this scripture verse from a friend, "Jeremiah 29:11, "I say this because I know what I am planning for you," says the Lord. "I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future."
So well said, Angie. I completely agree.
Blessings~
Post a Comment