Charlie started preschool today. He has been asking for weeks when he was starting. We went for a visit last week and he kept asking if I could stay with him. For the visit...yes. Last night we put out his clothes and backpack for today. He was very excited when he went to bed, and woke up just as excited this morning. He kept saying, "I a big boy now." He got himself dressed and was ready to go...about 2 hours ahead of time.
"I a big boy now."
...with a very cool "Dora" backpack (yes, I know it's Diego.).
At 9:00, we all boarded the mom-mobile and headed to preschool. He jumped out of the van when we arrived, and I had to lasso him back to get one more photo outside with his brothers and sister. Then inside...more photos...and a few looks of apprehension. But I gave him a hug and said I would be back soon (with Grandma) and he was just fine.
"You come back for me, mom?"
The coolest part was when we picked him up and the teacher called his name to come meet me in the "welcome room." He ran as fast as those short little legs could go and jumped into my arms and gave me the biggest hug! I loved it! He had a great day, lost of fun, yummy snacks and I have 3 huge pieces of paper with paint and crayons to decorate my house already. I think I'm going to need more walls!
4 comments:
Charlie you did a great job!!! Tell Mrs Sturm I say hello.
That is absolutely precious! What a sweetheart little guy you have :)
He is ADORABLE!!! Glad he had a great day! :)
I came from Adeye's blog. :)
You have a lovely family! Charlie looks so proud of himself! What a cutie!
Post a Comment