Saturday, September 12, 2009

Soccer Time

Soccer officially began today and the weather was perfect! I'm hoping we might have this weather right through Christmas....yeah, right. The boys are playing in a homeschool microsoccer league. It's small, not competitive in nature, and Christian. They pray before games, and coaches can pray with their team, too. Also, I know that there will no confrontations between coaches, or coaches and parents, and parents are expected to behave. We've experienced the opposite in another league and was NOT impressed!
I was able to bump Amarin up to Jacob's U10 team and he's doing great. They both really go after the ball and aren't afraid to get in there and "fight" for the ball. Jamie is coaching their team this year along with a good friend of ours. Our friend's son is on their team, too, which is one of the boys' best friends.
As for Charlie, he is on the same team as our friend's other son! I bumped him up from U4 to U6...this kid can run and kick the ball like nothing. He's not afraid of the bigger kids at all. Must be from playing with his big brothers at home. He loves playing and is very determined...and a bit of a ball hog. He was most excited today to get his own soccer t-shirt. "I a really big boy now." His favorite was playing red light, green light during practice. He just has to learn that red light means STOP, not run ahead of everyone else to the goal!


5 comments:

Sharon said...

How happy do your 'boys' look, even dad! Love this photo! Charlie looks all grown up now too!

Karin said...

Could they be any cuter?! I don't think so!!

Adeye said...

Oh I LOVE that picture :)

Cheryl said...

LOVE the picture of your "boys"! One day, I'm going to join you at the field to cheer them on.

Megan said...

This is a great picture of your "boys"! I wish we had a group like that around here for our homeschool needs! sounds like a great opportunity!!