Amarin asks a lot of questions.
Sometimes it's hard to answer
some of his questions because they're
hard even in my native language.
And he loves to ask a million questions at bedtime.
I think most kids do this.
It's uninterrupted time with mom or dad,
not to mention a great way to delay the
inevitable "lights out."
Sometimes I'm just too tired to
answer a lot of questions.
But the times I do sit and really listen and try
to answer...sweet times.
And those are the nights that I get THE BIGGEST
HUGS from Amarin. HUGE!
Along with his sweet smile.
Tonight he had a ton of questions about heaven.
Frankly, I can't answer them all because I don't
know...never been there.
And the Bible does not address all of his questions.
Here's a sample of some of his questions...
do we celebrate birthdays in heaven?
does God have a birthday? (most likely not, but fun to think about)
are there airplanes in heaven?
will my stuffed animals be in heaven?
what about animals?
will they bite?
what about mean animals?
can I take playmobil and St*r Wars?
where will I sleep?
do I take clothes?
does God wear a shirt?
I want to play with God and the angels.
is Moses in heaven?
and David?
and that big guy with David? (Goliath)
and that other big guy with no eyes? (Samson)
and Samson's girl?
and Noah?
**Then came a discussion about what God created.**
and what did Jesus make?
do we go to heaven when we don't obey?
do bad guys go to heaven?
where do guys go when Jesus is not in their heart?
is there fire there?
I tell ya, I'm lovin' these conversations, but they make
my mind reel!
And I'm prayin' that I'm conveying
the right information and not poor doctrine.
Some questions I just have to admit I don't know.
Of course, Charlie is hearing all of this,
and when I get to his room to tuck him in,
guess what starts? Yep...another million and one
questions.
But his are usually about Jesus and the soldiers.
He's hung up on Good Friday and Easter right now.
And he's pretty sure those bad soldiers
did NOT make it to heaven.
So, then in walks Jacob...not to be
outdone by his little brothers.
"So, do people live after they've been
thrown into the lake of fire?"
Oh, my goodness...
I think I need a hotline to God...
oh, wait...
I already have one.
I think I need to make a call!
7 comments:
So cute. What great teachable moments--even if they are a stalling technique. :)
Thanks for the little chuckle before I crawl myself into bed at midnight. Ang, I just have to say that I love how much faith your children show, so you're doing GREAT! Keep going! I'll even loan you some of my energy in those times of questions. And can I send my kids over so you can help them build up their faith. Amen, I say to you sister!!
You have such amazing, inquisitive wonderful children. I'll pray for wisdom granted for those late night questions.
Wow, those are some really deep thinking questions!!!
I just love the way our children are thinking things through! Just precious
Um, if you figure out how to get that hotline to God---let us ALL know...okay?????
The questions are just too adorable. What a curious little angel you have, friend
I love all those questions! We get quite similar ones here at our house too. I loved my sister's answer once when I asked her about heaven for one of my kids--God has promised us we will have all we need in heaven to make us happy. So naturally we won't really need our stuffed animals but to their young minds, they make them happy! Now Grace is starting to understand it really won't be necessary. Awesome kiddos you have!
Blessings~
We just bought a set of books, "Answers for Kids." So far, I've seen lots of great questions (from kids around the world) and great answers. Maybe after your sale you could drop in for coffee and play time and look at them (hint! hint!).
Post a Comment