Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

It was a snowy middle of the night, April 10, 2000, as
Jamie and I drove to the hospital for
Jacob's birth. He was 3.5 weeks early, and I had been
on bedrest for the past month.
Our first child...we had no idea how this would
change our lives!
We became parents.
What an awesome responsiblity...
HUGE!
God blessed us with a very healthy baby boy...
born on his papa's birthday.
(I told my dad not to expect that kind
of birthday present every year!)
He hit the double digits yesterday.
10 years old.
Where on earth did that last decade go?
And what will the next decade hold for him?
He's an easy-going, happy kid.
Loves history, Star Wars, Narnia, trees, cactus plants,
cutting wood, wants to go hunting someday...
He's enjoying the Narnia card Amarin drew for him.

Jamie and I were going to buy him a new bike for his birthday.
He asked if he could have this toy instead...okie, dokie!
Narnia guys he has been wanting soooo much!

And a pocket knife. Oh, please keep all of
your fingers!!

And for his birthday...rice krispie treats and
butterscotch pudding.

Happy birthday, sweet boy.
We love you!!

7 comments:

chaniemom said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

amyhusted said...

That was such a beautiful story that I think should be shared with Jacob every year when he is older and moves out of the house. LOL. He may not appreciate it the way his mother does but it's in those precious moments that we remember how good God is!!

Jean said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Cari said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob! Looks like you got some really cool toys!!

Sugar Momma said...

Happy Birthday Jacob :)

Sharon said...

Happy 10th Birthday Jacob!!

Khye and Jaxin
Australia

Kristin said...

Wow! Double digits! It sounds like a great day of celebrating!