Saturday, November 21, 2009

Just another school day

Yesterday we had a very relaxing school day. Our regular lessons were completed, so we did some other "lessons" that the kids didn't realize...Hehehe! Actually, I wish I could do more days like this, but having been a school teacher previously, I'm still in that mind set that we have to "do school" or they will fall behind. I know lots of families that have a different approach, a more relaxed approach, and they do just fine. But I'm just not there, and don't know if I ever will be. So, we'll just treat these days as extra vacation days!


We painted bags that we'll use to haul the gazillion library books we borrow!

Jacob wrote a letter to a soldier shipping out to Iraq next week. He was asking about military rank abbreviations, so we looked them up online and printed out the ranks for the four branches of military. Later, he was downstairs playing soldier with the different ranks...guessing he was a general!

Jacob baked cookies while Amarin tested the dough.

Charlie and Jacob making homemade chicken soup for lunch.

Helping unload the dishwasher...shouldn't they all be dry when you take
them out of the machine??
Rolling coins for Daddy turned into an exploration of all the quarters from different states.

2 comments:

Anja said...

Hi Angie,
Tim has a quarter collection too! The only one that we are still missing is the one from Maine - which ones is Amarin still looking for?
Can't wait to cu all soon,
Anja

Cheryl said...

Hehehe! You are one sneaky homeschool mom; love it! I was soooo like you, as I homeschooled. My kids complained that I wouldn't allow them to go to school in their pj's. LOL! With that said, days like you had Friday, are the joys of homeschooling. Treasure every minute! I miss mine...