Friday, December 4, 2009

He Called Me Mom

Music to my ears today. I was upstairs, and Amarin called from downstairs, "Mom!" This was the first time he's called me "mom" directly. He has referred to me, usually with his brothers, as "mom," but never called me that directly. I know it may not sound like much, but every single tiny step is HUGE! And this, my friends, was HUGE! I'm "mom!"

In addition, we've had Amarin with us for four months now. One of my goals was to keep track of his new words for his scrapbook. I did fine for the first two months. I've now given up on this goal, and I'm quite happy about it! His language is really blossoming. Today we sat down and recapped our adventures from yesterday (we saw the Little House on the Prairie musical) and he had so much to say about it....mostly about what he snacked on during the performance and what he ate for lunch, but that's OK. He is trying so hard to speak, and is really starting to get his ideas across to us.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey, MOM! Soooo excited for you and praising God with you!AWESOMENESS!!!

amyhusted said...

How exciting. I recalled my own experience being called mom for the first time by my children and it an awesome experience. Congrats and hugs!!! :)

Anja said...

What a GREAT day! Would love to be able to give you a big hug right now!!!!!!!!!!

chaniemom said...

What a wonderful milestone! So excited for you!

Karin said...

That is a really HUGE deal! Hooray for that sweet word!

Adeye said...

wooohoooo---that is an amazing breakthrough!!!!

How absolutely precious.

Sugar Momma said...

Awww...this totally made me tear up :) I LOVE it!!

Kam said...

Yay for MOM!!! I love it when Joel says "Mama" to me and I know it's so meaningful to have an older child do that! He's such a sweetie and I'm lovin' his smile in that photo! Happy and blessed...it shows all over his face!