I knew the comments would start anytime, and that they did today. I have to laugh, though. I really don't take offense to them. I guess no one has ever said anything offensive about my family, in front of me, anyway. So, I just answer honestly, assuming that these people are just curious. One never knows when a spark might catch and someone may pursue adoption!
So, we're in line at Walmart, and the kids are watching this young guy scan our groceries. Amarin is helping load them into the cart, Jacob is playing with Laura, and Charlie is staring at the guy. (The guy had a lot of holes in his head and later told Charlie that it was OK to laugh because he knew he looked weird).
This guy says, "So, you're babysitting today, huh?" "No, these are my children." "Wow. Very cool," he replies. End of conversation... I shared it with Jamie when he got home tonight and he thought it was pretty funny, too.
4 comments:
heehee....Lately Jeff and I have been getting, "Is this a day care group?" hahahahahaha
I'd take very cool :) It so happens all our not so positive comments end up at Wal Mart, usually the checkers. I know it is just conversation for the most part and not to be negative.
But hey...babysitter is far better than grandmother :)
Haha---oh how I completely understand!
Why does it always have to happen in Walmart though??? Too funny.
Wow- so I'm just getting to know you and see that you and Karin and Adeye are already bloggy buddies! You are JUST home with a new son! How exciting!!!
Your children are beautiful!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment :) Hope to get to know you better...hey my hubby's in Iraq so I have more free time right now ;)
Blessings,
Holly
Post a Comment