I ventured out today with all four kids. I know compared to some families, that's not many, but as for me, I was a little apprehensive. But it couldn't have been easier. We went to find eyeglass frames for Laura and to sign her up for preschool. The boys brought a book and "guys" to keep themselves busy while I completed what I needed to, and then we went home. So, I bravely decided to venture out one more time this afternoon to pick up a few homeschool textbooks, and again...no problem. Also good to note...no carsickness during these rides today.
Amarin stuck close to me today. He did play with the boys, but this is the first day that he chose to hang with me by himself instead. He helped me vacuum, make spaghetti for dinner (which he loved), and helped set the table. Laura was also with us, so he pushed her on her little bike. She gives him the biggest smiles, and I think he really likes that.
As with all kids, when they are newly home, everything is new. Today...
*Amarin discovered first hand that when you feed food to Laura, your fingers are fair game for biting! Laura smiles at Amarin and he likes to pat her cheeks.
*Imprints on carpet are funny...especially when you start making designs all over the carpet with a sit-n-spin.
*Erasing the imprints with your hands is even funnier.
*Vacuums are very loud and scary when encountered for the first time.
*No matter how many times Charlie dumps his water over at the table, it's always funny.
*Mickey Mouse is known by children all over this world!
I love being a mom!!
3 comments:
I LOVE reading all of these details! Thanks so much for sharing! Jase was really impressed at all you are able to accomplish so soon after you got home! Way to go, mama!
Wow - your days seem so invigorating. The littlest things that we wouldn't think twice about but for someone who's never experienced them gives me a new thought about life. The little things count. Thanks for sharing.
So fun! Good times!
Post a Comment