Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our day

Yesterday was going to be the warmest day this week, so we finished our school lessons lickity-split and headed to Papa and Grandma's house for a day of swimming and spoiling. Mission accomplished. My niece and nephew joined us, along with a neighbor and her two grandsons...what a fun, noisy afternoon! And aside from Charlie getting hit in the head with a baseball bat and Jacob's hand getting hit with a line drive...all went well.

Since we were all pretty tired from all the fun, I am thankful for a quiet, rainy, day. We spent some extra school time playing games and watched part of an animal/science video. Here are a few photos of our day so far...
History...is there another subject??
All kids love exploring with pattern blocks!
So much work emptying these blocks!
Playmobile is a favorite in our house.

Whoever came up with idea of pizza kits is a GENIUS!

I think this kid is headed for an acting career...his expressions are priceless!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Hello. I found your blog through "our China Girls" today. I am a homeschooling mom of 4 girls, one bio with special needs and one princess from China and 2 "big" girls who help me so much! I have so enjoyed reading about your family. My daughter with special needs is also 5 and is such a blessing to us. I'd love to chat about Make A Wish sometime. That is something she qualifies for but I've been told the fact that she cannot talk will be a problem. Thanks for sharing your day. We start school on Monday. : )

Adeye said...

Aaahhh--great pics :)

amyhusted said...

I wonder what the first thing Amarin is going to purchase with his tooth money?