Two fun ladies visited us from Make-A-Wish Monday night. The purpose of this visit was to grant Laura's wish, and to bring a little fun along with them. Let me tell you...they racked up a lot of points with everyone, especially the boys. I sure wish I could know what Amarin was thinking that night, and I hope he's not expecting "strangers" to show up at our house spontaneously with gifts for everyone! The gave each of the boys a remote control 4-wheeler, with batteries, thank you! They also each got a box of M&Ms and Skittles. They have been having soooo much fun with these 4-wheelers in the driveway....racing, crashing, trading...and they're already running out of batteries.
Now for Laura. They gave her a really soft blanket, a box of little animal toys and a special wish box...which held her M&Ms and Skittles. As for her wish...you have no idea how HARD it was to make a wish for her. She could choose just about anything you could imagine, and since she doesn't communicate, how could we possibly pick just the right wish for her? Well, we've given it our best shot. Laura LOVES the water, I mean LOVES it! She doesn't care if it's a bucket of water or the ocean...she wants in. So, for Laura's wish, we are headed to Key Largo, Florida for one week of swimming with the dolphins...check it out. She will get to swim with the dolphins everyday with a therapist, attend a classroom session everyday with therapists, and according to our friends from Make-A-Wish...there will be plenty of surprises along the way.
Her "magic" wand to help grant her wish.
Laura's turn to open presents.
Charlie holds her hand to help her pull out the tissue paper.
7 comments:
Wahoo! I guess the pool's out and Key Largo is in. What an experience that will be. AWESOME!!
Oh Angie! Your decision brought me to tears...what a perfect wish!! I can only imagine having endless choices how hard it would be to choose. I can not think of a better way to spend the week. She looks absolutely precious in the photos, her hair has really grown. Love little Charlie helping withe the tissue paper. Sweet brother. Keep us posted :)
How sweet..her little face is so precious!
So neat that they will even have therapists with her as well. Your family life is non-stop amazing!
Oh wow...what a great wish!! Make-A-Wish is going to be coming to our house in the near future, too. :) Can't wait!!
Such a fantastic opportunity for Laura! It had to have been so difficult to make that decision. Laura looks so precious!
I completely understand the "wonder what he thinks" comment about Amarin! Been there done that!
Blessings~
Oh my friend-that is such a HUGE blessing. Wow. Just God spoiling your family a little. So precious. The pics are so wonderful.
Post a Comment