No...not by my children, thankfully. But they did have fun putting together a volcano using cardboard, paper mache, paint, baking soda, and vinegar. OK, so I did draw lines down the side of the volcano designating their own painting areas so there would be no brawling over who was painting whose part of the volcano.
Hands-on activities are great for building vocabulary, as well as a great way for kids to interact that don't speak the same language.
First, they constructed and painted the volcano.
All projects, especially when boys are mixed with something explosive, must be supervised! Thank you, Laura.
Can you see the smile from the side as he watches the eruption?
Oh, I don't know...think he's happy with the project? Later, they took the volcano into the backyard, put rocks all around it (from daddy's landscaping), and played dinosaurs.
4 comments:
How fun!! I think I am going to have to copy you and do that tomorrow!!
Blessings~
Wonderful--what a great bonding time for the boys :)
Great idea! I'm sooooo glad it wasn't your kids erupting! :)
Love this post! How fun! And his smile is so telling...he is happy! :D
Post a Comment