I think we'd all agree that sometimes it is the little things that God does that just make our day so wonderful! Yes, we pray and pray for those big things...good health, safe travels, secure jobs. And it is awesome to see God answer those prayers...a great testimony to the one true God that listens, and cares, and knows what we need before we even ask.
But what about those little things that we don't even think about? That we couldn't even orchestrate if we did think about them? I think these are even more telling about how much God cares, and how much he wants to show his love.
Here are two examples that just happened. Yesterday at church, a friend of ours brought 2 colleagues to church, and these colleagues were from a business location in China. Wouldn't you know it...that would be the day that our two little ones stayed home and our friend couldn't introduce them to his colleagues! Anyway, they asked me questions about why we adopt, and I shared with them that we are adopting one more little girl from China...from the Chongqing area. Can you guess where these two colleagues were from? Yep! Chongqing! Now what are the chances...with all of the millions of cities and billions of people in China, that they would be living in the same city??
The second thing happened today. I found a yahoo group, the only one in fact, that deals specifically with Shasha's orphanage. So, I filled out the invitation to join and within the hour, I had a reply from a member. Her daughter and Shasha were friends at their orphanage! WHAT?? This lady knew about Shasha, and had even talked to another family that had been viewing Shasha's file. Coincidence? I don't think so.
I think both of these "little things" are just fun gifts that God sends to us. I mean, don't you like to surprise your kids with a little treat now and then when they're not expecting it? How much more does God love us, and want to give us little treats now and then?
9 comments:
Thanks for the heart warming story. It certainly made me stop and think about the more recent "little gifts" God has given me. The key here, and my thanks, is because it made me STOP and think. I love it when I get to stop and think about what God is up to. Does not happen enough in this busy life I lead.
Speaking truth my friend :)
A.Ma.Zing!!! Love it when He lets us see Him move in the smallest of details. Of course He is always at work. But how much of it do we miss? Or does He conceal from us? It's a blessing when we get to experience it...and what a faith booster! Thanks for sharing!
Oh my friend, those are such beautiful gifts from the Father--absolutely precious.
Does the mom have any pics of your angel???? That would be so amazing.
Love and hugs.
Oh, I LOVE it when God does things like that! Too cool!!
It is truly wonderful how He gives us exactly want we need, we need only watch for them. It takes an open heart to be able to notice those "little" things. And yes, He does love us so much more and as a mama it is hard to imagine there could be more love than we have!! Thanks for sharing, it is a great reminder we all need!!
Blessings
Love it when the gifts are apparent at the time, and truly awe stopping when you figure out at a later time past gifts.
That was SO good! He is good and it makes me smile and remember my own "little surprises." Thanks for that.
Blessings,
Kelsey
COOL, I made your blog! I'm so excited for you guys to get and get that little girl home!
Post a Comment